A white-label payment gateway is a payment gateway method which allows a company to provide payment processing services under its name. In other words, in white label payment gateway solution, the company uses its own ‘label’ on top of the white label or blank label. This is from where white label payment gateway has come.
With the help of white-label payment gateway solutions, companies can improve their image and reputation in the eyes of their clients. It not only includes clients but card members and merchants as well.
As per white-label payment gateway, companies can put their brand name on the product or service which has been developed by a third-party. It gives abundant opportunities to reseller to offer the product or service without spending the necessary resources on developing it from scratch.
A white-label payment gateway makes it easy to:
- Use a branded gateway as per the specific needs of your business
- Get professional training, software and product innovation and other updates
- Enjoy control over various aspects of your product, including sales and marketing
- Get value-added services
Using a white-label payment gateway service is quick and cost-effective. When you decide to build a payment gateway, you may need to invest both your money and time. Further, it can take years to implement. However, with white-label services, what you need to do is purchase a license, configure and start it.
In the payment industry, it is feasible to adopt white-label payment gateway solutions through small numbers of providers. For instance, MMAD is one of the reputed and trusted payment gateways offering trusted white labelling services to its vast base of clients.
A white-label payment gateway solution is apt for:
- Online casinos, white labels
- Gaming platforms and white label gaming
- eCommerce software and system providers
However, white-label payment gateway solution has both its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s discuss them:
- You can offer payment gateway solution under your brand’s name
- It is relatively cheaper in comparison to other payment solutions
- You can create localised content to personalise the payment page
- It curtails the fraudulent transactions
- It gives the preferred local payment as per the market, and thus, helps in expanding the customer base
- It strengthens your relations with your merchants and puts you in a viable position to meet and exceed their expectations
- Usually, the only look-and-feel user experience can be customised. It means, the solution doesn’t allow you to do much customisation and introduce specific changes
- You may face issues when the same hardware is shared by various companies
White-Label Payment Gateway Solutions vs. Traditional Payment Solutions
The main difference between white-label payment gateway solution and traditional payment gateway is that in the latter, the company uses the services of a third-party gateway under the name of the gateway.
While the traditional payment gateways contracts with merchant acquirers or independent sales organisation (ISO) for reselling their payment gateway’s brand, white-label payment gateways facilitate the merchant acquirer or IS0 to sell the payment gateway services on their own. It means, they can use their company’s logo and sell the payment gateway as their own.
Undeniably, the white-label payment gateways can offer some useful features. If you are ready to stay away from the established and antiquated system of reselling, you can opt for white-label payment gateway solutions. Not only it will help you gain control over your customer experience, but it will also give you a chance to promote your brand.